If you’ve been reading along the past few weeks, you know that we’ve been making some changes regarding how and where we work.
During my research, I stumbled upon a report Dialpad put together a few months ago. Here are a few interesting takeaways:
- Employees are at their desks only 50-60% of the time.
- 84% of companies have a remote workforce outside of headquarters.
- Over half of respondents reported that 40-100% of their existing workforce is remote.
- 83% of companies plan on increasing their reliance on remote workers in the next 3-5 years.
- 89% of SMBs think desk phones will be a nonessential tool in the next 3-5 years.
The bottom line is that the workplace of tomorrow is very much open to, and in many ways benefiting from, being location independent. It enables flexibility, reduces operational overhead, and opens a greater pool of recruitable talent.
Ask me how it’s working for us in a few months.