ActiveAgency Website Platform Resource
Get Found, Sell More, Service Better
Start tracking website activity for free!
We highly recommend adding Google Analytics to your ActiveAgency website. This will help track website traffic and other metrics so that we can see how the website performs over time.
A step-by-step guide.
Google Analytics is free to set up and use. Here’s how to do it.
Visit analytics.google.com and do one of the following:
To sign in to your existing Google Analytics account, enter the email address and password associated with the account. Proceed to Step 3 below.
Note: You may already be signed in if you’re using Gmail or other Google products.
– or –
To create a new Google Analytics account, click Set up for free and proceed to Step 2 below.
Create your Google Analytics account.
- Type the name of your agency into the Account name field.
- Leave all the boxes checked, as recommended by Google.
- Click Next.
Next, you’ll want to set up your website property.
- Select the Web option.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Website Name.
- Enter the Website URL. Be sure to select https:// in front of it.
- Select an Industry Category.
Note: Select a category that’s closest to your industry. Google may not offer an exact match.
- Select your website Reporting Time Zone.
- Click Create.
Next, you will need to read through and accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement.
Next, Google will prompt you to copy the Website Tracking code and add it to your website. You can skip this step and proceed to Step 3.
Assign user permissions so that we can add Google Analytics to your website.
We’ll need limited access to your account so we can add Google Analytics to your report. Here’s how to do that.
- On your Google Analytics homepage, click Admin.
Note: You can find this option at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the Account column, use the menu to select the account to which you want to grant access.
Note: This is only necessary if you have more than one website property set up under the Google Analytics account.
- In the Account column, click Account User Management.
- Click the blue + (at the top right) and select Add Users.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org, ensure Notify new users by email is selected.
- Under Permissions, check Edit.
- Click Add.
You’re all set! Forge3 will receive an email notification that you have granted us permission to your Google Analytics account and we’ll take care of the rest!
Too long to read now?
We’ll email it to you! 📥